It’s the sweetest time of year! Whether you’re looking forward to connecting with loved ones, participating in your favorite traditions, or taking some time for yourself, we wish for you to find moments of peace, joy, and rest in the midst of all the hustle and bustle this holiday season. And what better way to slow down and enjoy the moment than with some festive, delicious treats? We asked a few of our staff to share their favorite holiday recipes that add a little something special to this time of year and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
Recipe by Kelly Sadler – Sr. Manager, Client Services
Yield: 2 dozen
- ⅔ cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Line cupcake pan with 24 paper baking cups and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture over batter in cups. Spoon remaining batter evenly over brown sugar mixture in cups. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over batter in cups (you can also reserve a small amount for sprinkling on iced cupcakes).
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans for roughly 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread or pipe your favorite cream cheese icing on each cupcake and enjoy.
Hot Mulled Wine
Recipe by Kaylah Rodriguez – Social Media Marketing Specialist
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 750ml bottle of full-bodied red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- Toast dry spices in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add wine, brandy, brown sugar, maple syrup, & orange slices (setting a few aside for garnishes) and stir gently.
- Cover and let simmer (avoid heating the wine to the point of bubbling) for 45 minutes.
- Use a mesh strainer to remove spices and orange slices before ladling wine into mugs or heatproof glasses.
- Serve warm and garnish with unused orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, fresh rosemary, cranberries, or anything else that feels festive!